Blue Hallway

February 8, 2006

Apart from yesterday's space tub, the only real objects left behind in St. Mary's Manor were beds. Lots of 'em. Unfortunately they were mostly in the hallways instead of the rooms.

Upcoming group show: Diane Purdie and I have 20 odd pieces on display (photographs & paintings/collage) at the Newmarket Theatre for the next month and a half. I think we're tentatively naming the show 'Memories from the Day Shift' — yeah, it's all industrial-related goodness. If you're not attending a performance at the theatre, you can stop by between 1 and 5:30 pm Mon-Fri, and between Noon and 4pm on Saturdays. If you're in the area, have a look! I've mostly got Bethlehem Steel photos on display as well as some older shots.

And, here's a map to the theatre.

The In Transit exhibition at the Toronto Free Gallery is still up and running (a little closer to home for you Toronto folk).

s
g
K
c
T

Ana
Feb 08, 2006 at 3:17 am

oooo, safetly glass. Wouldn't want those residents picking up a bed and tossing it through the window for escape, would we?!

Feb 08, 2006 at 7:26 am

Get shot. This place looks like it has potential!

nicki
Feb 08, 2006 at 8:02 am

great photo! it looks like you might be able to get a lotof good photos at this place.

Feb 08, 2006 at 11:16 am

Its so clear I had to look at it a while before knowing if you were shooting through safety glass or just a fence barrier.

Feb 08, 2006 at 11:26 am

Wow! Amazing photos on your site. Today is my first visit. I have marked you to make sure I return.

Feb 08, 2006 at 12:16 pm

It really is a great shot Kendall. On a personal note nursing homes really are sad sad places....those blue walls really add to the gloom. You certainly captured the essence of it all. Good job.

chickadee
Feb 08, 2006 at 2:37 pm

too bad our struggling hospitals and shelters can't use any of the beds and equipment left to rot in these places... makes you wonder...?

chickadee
Feb 08, 2006 at 2:38 pm

great shot, i like the 'through the glass' idea!

no, the other mike
Feb 08, 2006 at 10:45 pm

very nurse ratchet.

Nicole
Feb 09, 2006 at 9:45 am

I like the way you took the photo looking through the glass behind the wires was awesome.Another Great photo.

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:48 am

Mmmmmm nursing home!....strange what passed for a nursing home in the past seems to = prison these days. Great shot you can sense what it might have been like to be there!
Phil

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:25 pm

12 Monkeys...

The largest print size for this image is about 14×14″ (35×35 cm).

The largest resolution available for this image is 2242px × 2242px