Just Some Leaves

September 3, 2005

And now for something completely different... not my usual subject matter.

G
i
x
m
Z

Sep 03, 2005 at 7:00 am

I really LIKE it. Reason being is that it is totally different than those that I view from the usual botanists perspective. This has more of an artisians eye view. I would like to see more of this type of work on your behalf; especially with the fall foilage & seasonal changes occuring.

The way you focused this shot is amazing. Bringing into clearer defintion step by step, until true clarity of veins stand out. So flippen cool!!!

Sep 03, 2005 at 9:13 am

Wow very sweet. Crisp too.This was shot at f/5.6? That's surprising!

chickadee
Sep 03, 2005 at 10:35 am

fantastic! you impress me more and more each day. you really should do more shots like this, you seem to have a knack for it. (as a landscaper/horticuluralist I love the macro lens shots like these!) this fall would be perfect to experiment with this type of subject matter. hope to see a series.

megatron
Sep 03, 2005 at 1:12 pm

the other day at school we did this thing online where you can look inside a leaf.. from the cells clear into the atoms and neutrons. and this picture is way cool to me now that i know what really makes them up. its a totally bitchin pic man.

Hannah
Sep 03, 2005 at 8:01 pm

I have always thought that the lighting on leaves are awesome, if done correctly. well done.

Sep 04, 2005 at 1:00 am

Not your usual, true - but still executed with skill. Quite effective!

Nosh
Sep 04, 2005 at 4:27 am

Your drumming ain't bad either.

Sep 04, 2005 at 1:12 pm

Very nice.

The colour and dark tone works well.

Sep 04, 2005 at 3:39 pm

I like it, I like the tones. Quite different.

Rita
Sep 04, 2005 at 8:36 pm

"It's not easy being green."--Kermit the Frog. Love this one! Very clean and crisp!

xilviu
Sep 05, 2005 at 2:41 am

is a great photo, i like the colours and the composure is fantastic.you really got the eye for this kind of photos.
but,as usual, i must say smthng against all others: i noticed your photo is showing the leaves from top left to rigth bottom. this, in clasic art composure means going down, feeling sad, sick, smthng bad, anyway. this is taking photos using the main diagonal of the picture.if you try 'vertical flip' on this one you get the photo exposed to the secondary diagonal, wich delievers the feeling of good feel, geting well or just happiness. just try do this with the photo and try to admire it a couple of days later. the same picture, yet is totally different feeling. and i though that if it is green nature, would look better this way, as for black and white nature, the main diagonal, as it is now, works great. dont trust me,just try it.

Sep 05, 2005 at 7:28 am

Nice job. Definatly not a contemporary botanist photo.

Sep 15, 2005 at 5:31 am

That's my kind of photo, you know that by now. :-) Love the dark and cold green.

Ron
Sep 26, 2005 at 5:43 pm

Ya it is very good

The largest print size for this image is about 23×15″ (58×38 cm).

The largest resolution available for this image is 3456px × 2304px