Fire Hydrant and Bollards

April 24, 2005

Another from the trip to Buffalo. This is from the abandoned Carbide/Graphite Group site in Niagara Falls, New York.

m
j
T
P
X

Edward M
Apr 24, 2005 at 10:20 am

I guess someone is afraid that theyd ru over the fire hydrant. Interesting. Hey that boxcar in the back look like it would be an awsome photo. That red stands out. It kinda takes the look from the photo. But nice detail...

Jack
Apr 24, 2005 at 6:54 pm

In contrast to yesterdays shot, I find this one lacking something...or maybe having too much of something, for me I think reduced DoF would help this shot, and may crop a bit more, I don't know just my opinion. Thanks for the great site!!

JB
Apr 25, 2005 at 5:05 am

Your industrial galleries are great. Do you know Ed Burtynsky's large format work - massive tire dumps, oil freighter demolition beaches in Bangladesh, slag rivers from refineries? A spectacular exhibit in Montreal closed recently.

[url]www.edwardburtynsky.com[url]

Apr 26, 2005 at 10:11 am

this is a bit washed out... and the way the pic feels, i half-expected some awesome skateboarder to be soaring over this obstacle.

doni denis
Apr 29, 2005 at 7:33 am

I was very impresed about a so performant technologi.

rh
Apr 29, 2005 at 8:03 am

It's a bit sad actually. I like the shot, but it speaks highly of abandonment. It almost puts me in a depressed state, like time just passes by and leaves you run-down.

Apr 30, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Awesome shot, this place feels dead!

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:30 pm

roswell...no doubt

Dec 09, 2005 at 10:55 pm

make sure nobody hits that fuckin thing

The largest print size for this image is about 23×15″ (58×38 cm).

The largest resolution available for this image is 3456px × 2304px